1530 Eastshore Drive
Beautiful Bay-Front Contemporary Home in East End Alameda
OVERVIEW: 3 BED 3 BATH | 2-car garage | 1,912 SF | LOT SIZE 7,000 SF useable, not recorded
An extremely rare opportunity, this energy-efficient, bay-front home showcases large contemporary living spaces maximizing the glorious views outside. Inside and out, one can soak in the maritime scenes—piers spanning onto the Bay, sailboats tacking across the water, and gulls drifting in the wind. Plus, firework shows light up the sky over the Oakland Coliseum and Arena by night. Spectacular!
Main-Level Living – Gleaming hardwood floors run wall to wall in the open, indoor-outdoor layout.
- Large combined living and formal dining room, enriched and warmed by a grand wood and brick fireplace.
- Sliding doors open to a fully enclosed sunroom, perfect for devouring a book on a weekend day.
- Up-to-date kitchen marrying sage-colored cabinetry with dark granite counters and a gray subway tile backsplash. High-end appliances include a Jenn-Air down draft glass-top range and newer dishwasher. Peninsula bar seating, connected casual dining area, brick bench seating, and a second gas fireplace make this space a social center of the home.
- Large glass sliding doors to the backyard patio, creating exceptional indoor-outdoor living and entertaining.
- Out back, the magnificent backyard incorporates a large patio and barbecue area; a beautiful flat lawn; lemon, fig, orange, plum, and persimmon trees; and a winding stone pathway leading to the shoreline’s edge and private dock (attached lower rowing and kayaking dock/shared with neighbor/completely rebuilt in 2015).
- Completing the lower level is closet, large pantry, and full bath.
Upper-Level Living and Views - Situated to keep loved ones close, upstairs includes two spacious bedrooms with large closets featuring automated lighting, the master suite, and an ultra-charming colorful vintage bath. Taking full advantage of the views, the master implements large windows, a skylight, private deck, two closets, and dual sinks and a Toto washlet/bidet. A recirculating system even brings instant hot water to the bath.
Additional exceptional property features include dual pane windows, two sets of washers and dryers, storage in garage attic, solar tubes for natural lighting, homeowner-owned solar system, Level II EV Charger, photovoltaic roof tiles, and newer furnace, electrical, and plumbing.
Feeling like a seaside getaway, 1530 Eastshore Drive also quickly accesses grocery shopping, excellent schools, parks, running and biking trails, and all the restaurants and boutiques on Park Street one could desire. This home truly is a must-see!